My JavaScript Learning Motivation

G

Gabby

Freecoin
I'm writing this as I think people need to hear it.

I used to think that I was a slow learner and that I would never grasp this complex language called JavaScript. I bought and read books, tutorials, asked around and I even posted on this group around a year ago with a post if I will ever be able to understand it.

Today however is a completely different story. I feel like I can take on most projects and make something out of it. It took a loot of practice, but it was worth every bit. I am having so much fun with my current project which gives me the feelings that I used to have when I was younger playing games.

So what helped me?

- Definitely signing up for a school with a great teacher. Seeing how someone else does the logic and being pushed into unknown territories was exactly what I needed.

- Having a mentor (if you can have 2-3 it's even better, the more the merrier). This does not mean you're always relying on your mentor, but if you have specific questions or need to exchange some thoughts you will know where to go to.

- Being patient and investing a lot of time, without too long breaks as it is easy to forget syntax etc in the beggining and make sure to console.log a lot.

- Enjoying learning new things.

This post is meant to encourage you to continue, as you will eventually get there with practice and consistency. Try to enjoy the ride and believe in yourself. Don't feel dumb if you dont understand it straight away. Some have a harder time than others, but anyone can learn it eventually.

Best Regards

Richest Freecoded User

Most Freecoin

freecoded
freecoded
2,182 Freecoin
Davy200
Davy200
590 Freecoin
nathan69
nathan69
424 Freecoin